Which is better: Kate Spade or Kendra Scott earrings?
If you’re on the hunt for a new pair of earrings, Kate Spade and Kendra Scott are two brands to put on your radar. Although the quality and price are similar, each has its own distinctive style. For example, Kate Spade has enamel designs and a signature spade logo while Kendra Scott earrings have oval shapes that no other brand mirrors.
Kate Spade Earrings
Kate Spade founded her brand in 1993 with the goal of designing the best handbag. The business has grown and changed hands over the years and today the brand is a global leader in lifestyle products including jewelry. The company is a big supporter of women’s mental health and has made it its mission to “…provide 100,000 women and girls with empowerment and mental health support by 2025”.
If you love colorful enamel or pavé styles, Kate Spade may be perfect for you. There’s a lot of fun in Kate Spade’s earring designs, including hearts, flowers, animals, cute phrases, and the signature Spade logo, of course. It offers more than 100 models and 15 colors of styles of drop earrings, studs and hoops in brass, enamel, metal, plated metal and resin. You’ll be tempted to shop around with so many choices, so consider a sturdy jewelry organizer or stand while you’re at it.
Sold by Amazon
Each pair of Kate Spade earrings is packaged in a dust bag that protects the jewelry from damage. They can be delicate and should be handled with care, including thorough cleaning every two weeks to maintain their condition. A great way to do this is to soak them for a few minutes in warm water and soap (make it antibacterial so the chemicals won’t dull the metal plating). Wipe them with a soft cloth to keep them shiny.
Kate Spade earrings cost up to $200 and are sold by retailers like Amazon and Macy’s.
The Pros of Kate Spade Earrings
- Large selection of good quality fashion earrings at affordable prices.
- Unique styles, colors and patterns.
- Despite the plated metal material, many wearers have found the earrings to last at least a year without tarnishing or damaging, even when worn frequently.
- Wide availability, including over 200 Kate Spade stores and multiple retailers.
Kate Spade earrings against
- Since most earrings are gold plated and those with gemstones are less expensive, such as colored glass or cubic zirconia, the earrings are probably equivalent to other nondescript or non-luxury brands. .
- 10k gold plated jewelry can look dull and cause allergies to people with skin sensitivities due to its high percentage of cheaper metals.
Kendra Scott Earrings
Kendra Scott started her jewelry business in 2002 with $500 in her spare room because “…I was a woman who wanted beautiful jewelry at an affordable price. I built this business over time, I literally signed my life and everything I own as collateral for it to work. This is the core of my brand, and that will never change.
Today, there are over 100 Kendra Scott stores across the United States. With over 700 earrings to choose from in 10 major categories and 11 types of gold, silver and other metals, the options are endless. Whatever your style, your tastes and your budget, Kendra Scott has the perfect pair of earrings to make you happy or to offer a fabulous gift to someone lucky. You can even get kits, finds and simple earrings – ideal for asymmetrical styles, simple piercings and replacing a lost mate.
Sold by Amazon
The brand makes a point of offering affordable prices, solid quality and a signature style that stands out from other fashion jewelry brands. Scott was more drawn to color and semi-precious stones. To control costs, quality and innovation, it has chosen to work directly with the source rather than with importers.
Even celebrities endorse and wear the instantly recognizable earrings in their signature, copyrighted oval shapes, like Sofia Vergara and Mindy Kaling who wore the Danielle and Elle earrings (which cost less than $100). $) on the red carpet.
Sold by Amazon
Kendra Scott earrings range in price from around $40-50 for simple studs to over $5,000 for fine gold jewelry with diamonds and other gemstones.
Kendra Scott Earring Pros
- Lightweight, strong and easy to wear earrings.
- High quality earrings at affordable prices.
- Available at many stores including Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale’s and many other boutiques.
- Philanthropy has always been part of the brand. For example, the Kendra Cares program gave $30 million to people in need from 2010 to 2019.
Earrings against Kendra Scott
- Some wearers have found that their skin changes color in reaction to certain metals.
- Some items may be expensive.
- Stone colors in online photos may differ from actual earrings.
Should you buy Kate Spade earrings or Kendra Scott earrings?
It’s hard to say whether the Kate Spade earrings or the Kendra Scott earrings are the better buy. Both brands offer fashionable earrings of similar quality at similar prices, with their own style and style. If you’re looking for fine jewelry, you won’t find it at Kate Spade, so Kendra Scott’s line doesn’t compare. It depends on your personal preferences and which brand represents it best for you.
Register here to receive the weekly BestReviews newsletter for helpful tips on new products and great deals.
Emma Caplan writes for BestReviews. BestReviews has helped millions of consumers simplify their buying decisions, saving them time and money.
Copyright 2022 BestReviews, a Nexstar company. All rights reserved.